Morning, Odd friends and Odd Idol fans! We hope you’ve had a fabulous week, and if you’re even HALF as excited as we are that it’s Friday, well, then you’re pretty stinkin’ excited. 🙂 Leah the Orange with you to share the big news! We have concluded and tallied all the Round 2 voting for Odd Idol, and it’s time to announce who’s moving ahead to Round 3! Are you ready? Remember, here’s the GINORMOUS prize our Odd Idol winner receives:
So we mean BUSINESS! There is nearly $900 worth of amazing product there for the taking. Here’s a recap on what’s happened so far…
In the Open Round, our aspiring Idols had to use the Sketch provided, using Some Odd Girl stamps/images/sentiments, plus anything else they wanted on their work. 68 of you entered and the Odd Girls had the tough job of narrowing it down to just 20. And let me tell you, it was really hard, as all the entries were so good.
For Round 2, the Top 20 created the most A.May.Zing projects with a Friendship Theme, and you, the voting public, have selected your 15 favorites. These are the winners, in no particular order (except Sharla, who won the popular vote!):
Unfortunately, we say goodbye to the following talented ladies: Helen, Jan, Lenny, Marcie and Maureen. Ladies, you have been the most fabulous contestants, and we’ve loved having you!
Big KUDOS to our Round 3 Odd Idol contenders – are you ready for the next round? Let’s revisit for a moment…
Please pay attention as, for fairness, we are sticking to these like glue, it’s such a big prize, you understand. If there’s something you need clarity with, please ask, before you do anything…
1. You must use Some Odd Girl stamps as the MAIN FOCUS of your creations. If you use stamps from any other companies, they must have a minimal impact on your final project. Judges will use discretion when reviewing submissions (so the sooner you submit, the better, in case our judges ask you to make any changes).
3. Absolutely no watermarks will be allowed for the rest of the competition.
4. You will not post your projects anywhere in order that all submissions may be judged blindly. In other words, you cannot in any way indicate that the project is yours by way of sneak peeks, hints (anything on your blogs, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, galleries, etc.) or comments around the web. Please do not email your friends and tip them off; chances are that friend knows someone who knows someone who knows someone, and as the grand prize is very valuable, we hope you’ll respect this rule. This truly is not a popularity contest.
5. As mentioned, this competition will be judged blindly. Invite people to vote, so long as they do not know which project is yours. Advertise the competition, but do not indicate which project belongs to you. Everyone can vote ONCE between 24 May and 29 May. Voting takes place here at Some Odd World. In order to access the Community, voters must be registered members.
6. You may post your projects anywhere you like once voting has closed and no sooner.
7. Make your entry count! Try something different, pay attention to detail, consider things that might set your project apart from the others, take great photos with neutral backgrounds. Only 10 people will advance to Round 4.
8. Failure to comply with any of the items 1 through 7 will result in disqualification from Odd Idol, whether or not voting is shown in your favour.
So, that’s the serious stuff sorted, what do we want for Round 3? Your next Challenge, should you choose to accept, is…
What does that mean? Well, let’s take Fairy Magic, for example. You might expect to see her in pretty shades of pink and purple… not this time, go for the opposite, say, green and yellow. Tobie and Buddie in blue and green? Uh-uh! Pink and white, all the way. Angel Gwen in red and green? Nope. It’s yellow and orange for her. Get the gist? So, choose your image and then color it in the exact opposite of what would be expected. If you’re not sure about something, reach out to Faye and she’ll straighten you out. 🙂 How you create with this theme in mind is totally up to you as long as you follow our competition rules.
And that’s it! Crafters, start your engines! Odd friends, we hope you enjoy the weekend, and be sure to join the voting next Friday when it starts all over again! Thank you again to all our amazing sponsors, and to all of YOU, our friends and community members, who are making this a fun and successful competition!