It’s Lenny here!
Today, we’re making a simple background with Gelatos! I just looooove Gelatos! The colors are so vibrant! I would love to learn more techniques so I can use these cuties more!
1) Choose some Gelato colors.
2) Put some color on your paper.
(I used aquarel paper. I didn’t use watercolor paper, the aquarel paper is smoother.)
3) Take a paintbrush and some water and paint over the colored stripes that you’ve put on the paper.
4) Let dry for a while.
5) If your paper starts to curl, just put something heavy on it for a while.
6) Trim the paper, put it on a cardbase and add whatever you want: stamping, misting, stickers, flair, enamel dots,
Here are the cards that I made.
* For the blue card, I added some dots:
I used a darker Gelato, a Heidi Swapp stencil and the Dot dabber from Faber Castell.
Gelato colors: Aqua dolce / Snow cone / Cotton candy / Blueberry and Boysenberry for the dots
Afterwards, I stamped some arrows from the Everyday smiles set (clear)
* For the orange card: I took some cardstock, a piece of patterned paper and then added the Gelato background. Gelato colors: Mango / Tangerine / Blood orange
Thanks for stopping by today!!
Stay tuned … a fun new monthly challenge starts on Saturday, Feb 1!!