Hello Oddies! Jenn here today with a cool background technique. I am still LOVING the look of ombre. I will show you in my below step out tutorial how to create an ombre background.
1. Gather your supplies. Today I am using the clouds and sentiment from Fairy In Flight (clear), Versa Mark Ink, embossing powder and Memento inks in 3 shades of the same color family.
2. Stamp the clouds on a 3.75″ x 5″ piece of paper.
3. Sprinkle on the embossing powder and emboss with a heating tool.
4. Start with your darkest shade of ink and dab color onto your embossed image in a line down your paper. Move on to the next lightest color of ink and do the same but overlap with the dark ink. Finally use your lightest ink and follow the same technique.
5. Finally take a baby wipe and remove the ink from the embossed image.
Now your background is ready to embellish and make into a card. My card-base is 4.25″x 5.50″.
Hope you liked this technique. Thanks for joining me today.
(P.S. – we’d LOVE to hear your ideas for more tutorials! Is there something you’d like to see the Odd Girls try that we haven’t shared so far? Leave us a comment or drop by our Facebook community and let us know!)