It’s Lenny here …
For today’s tutorial, we’re gonna talk about making some home decoration with your Some Odd Girl stamps.
I made a canvas for my craft room, after I was inspired by my DT coordinator from another DT.
Here it is …
1. Take your canvas and put some Gesso on it. Let it dry overnight. (I didn’t use Gesso, my canvas was already prepared.)
2. Choose some acrylic paint colors and paint your canvas. Let dry. Here’s the first layer of red paint …
3. Use stencils and some other colors of paint to make some fun designs. I used washi to secure the stencil to the canvas. In between layers, let dry. I even used my heat gun to speed up the drying.
Mixed my own pink paint … I only have those three colors. 🙂
4. I also used some Distress Paints, it’s not very ideal on the acrylic paint, but I wanted a bit of a “messy” look. Let dry!! Use your heat gun, if needed.
5. I sprayed some Heidi Swapp’s Color shine on the canvas and I let it dry overnight.
6. Take your Some Odd Girl image, that you already colored, and choose where you gonna put it. I used “Sweet Thinkin’ Mae“(clear)!!
7. Time to embellish: I chose some patterned papers and made flowers: I used a die and my Cuttlebug. But you can embellish with whatever you want. I also used stickers, flair button, a pin, a “happy” die, enamel dots…
8. Finally, I used some hearts from 2 Some Odd Girl clear sets (Dare to be Gwen & Be you) and added them. (I used Memento ink but you have to let it dry for a long time, if needed, use your heat gun again.)
For a detailed list of supplies: visit my blog: click here!!
Don’t forget to sign up for the Some Odd Girl newsletter; lots of hot news, tips and tricks! And …there’s a bit of time left to link up your creation in our Pot o’ gold challenge – click here to join us!!