Hi friends! JoAnn here and I’ve got a super simple tutorial for you all today! Today, I’m sharing how I create a center step card.
Now, I do have to start this off by saying that while there are a ton of different ways to create a center step card, this one happens to be my favorite – no file to purchase, no machine to turn on, no electricity to use… It really is that simple!
Supplies you’ll need: a 12×12 paper trimmer, a scoring tool, cardstock, and everything else you’ll need to create a card. I chose our Ice Cream Tia digi stamp but the possibilities are endless!
Ready to play? Here we go!
1. Cut your cardstock sheet to 5 1/2″ by 11″.
2. At the 1″ mark from the short side (laying the piece of cardstock VERTICAL in front of you, cut from the 1″ mark to the 6 1/2″ mark.
3. Flip and do the same for the other side.
4. You should have your cardstock looking like this.
5. Next, you’ll need your scoring tool. Lay your cardstock HORIZONTALLY in front of you, with those cut lines to the left. (see the above pictures. This can get a little confusing!).
6. Score from the edge of the cardstock to the cut line at 1″, 2″, and 6 1/2″.
7. Flip, and repeat on the other side. The cut lines should mirror each other.
8. Finally, leave the cardstock the way it is and score between the cutlines at 5 1/2″.
Take a deep breath, you’re almost there!
9. Now, you just have to accordion fold AKA mountain/valley fold those score lines. (See above, the picture explains this better than I can!). This is the important “step” part of your step card!
10. And then put your other card elements together to create your one-of-a-kind card!
I used our adorable Ice Cream Tia digi stamp for my card today because I’m in complete DENIAL that summer is coming to an end. I’m loving the sunny, warm weather! Plus, ice cream is just my absolute favorite thing to eat in the whole wide world. 🙂 I’ve also paired my image up with the adorable “swell” speech bubble wood veneer from our friends over at Freckled Fawn too. (Another favorite!)…
Thanks for taking the time to check out my tutorial today! If you’ve never created one before and you decide to try your hand at a center step card, I’d love to see what you create!
Have you grabbed one of our Sunshine Sorbet bundles yet? They’re selling like hotcakes, folks! You can’t beat the 20% savings and you’ll have to get the pieces individually after they’re gone, so CLICK HERE to grab it and rock the Hexie Dots, Sorbet Sequins, Sweater Kaylee and Yeti stamps with our Sunshine Sorbet paper!
See you tomorrow with another spotlight from our Linky Party,
and our Pin of the Week from our Oddies Project Board on Pinterest!