Hi fellow crafters it’s Anna Sigga here with a simple tag tutorial!
Aren’t the new clear stamps sets utterly fabulous? I love them to bits and today I am sharing a simple tag I created using Walk the Dog Piper clear stamp set, the Sunshine Sorbet papers, Sorbet Sequins, Blue Bamboo Twine and watercolors.
Here are the supplies:
1. I die-cut a shape using my Spellbinder dies and stamped the image on it with waterproof ink.
2. I started to color my image using my Tim Holtz Distress Markers and a water-brush.
3. When the image was all colored in I added a bit of Glossy Accents to make her glasses shine.
4. I scribbled lightly where I wanted the sky and ground to be and spread the colors as evenly as possible around the image using my water-brush.
TIP: When you use Distress Markers I suggest you use tiny bits at a time because the markers tend to dry faster than the ink pads. It makes it more difficult to blend, so less is definitely more here!
5. The stamp set has such a cute little paw print and I wanted to include that in the background for my simple tag, so I used a light yellow ink and stamped randomly around the image.
6. I added my sentiment to the bottom of the die-cut and inked the edges.
7. I added foam tape to the back of the die-cut and covered a large shipping tag with one of the papers from the Sunshine Sorbet collection
8. I inked the edges and adhered to the tag at an angle.
8. I chose my fave colors from the Sunshine Sorbet Sequins pack, adhered them randomly on the die-cut
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope this lil’ tutorial for a simple tag was helpful. We’d love to see your tags, cards, altered items and, well, ANYTHING you create using Some Odd Girl stamps! Be sure to link up in the right sidebar for your chance to be spotlighted and win free digis!