So today is going to be a SUPER happy day for some people, and a super sad day for some others. Either way, I must tell you that we were absolutely MINDBLOWN by the latest flurry of entries for Odd Idol. Our hopefuls really took the “scene” theme and ran with it, knocked it out of the ballpark, sent it around the world with a good, swift kick, and it landed on my doorstep with a huge explosion. They wowed us, I know they wowed you, and voting was NOT easy!
At any rate, I have the pleasure of announcing the five FINALISTS for Odd Idol today, and I’ve got goosebumps even writing this post, because they’re just really that good! Believe me when I say it is VERY difficult to say goodbye to five others, but the game advances and we must PRESS ON, PEOPLE!
Are you ready for this?
Without further ado…
YOUR FINAL FIVE ODD IDOL CONTESTANTS ARE…..
(in no particular order)
We say goodbye this time to Tara, Janine, Charlene, Aeryn and Angie. Ladies, thank you for pouring your hearts and souls into your creations for Odd Idol, and we sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed yourselves! (I know we’ve definitely enjoyed your creations, your spirit, and your company!) We appreciate the enthusiasm you’ve shown and the sportsmanship toward your fellow Odd Idol contestants, and we are truly sad to see you go.
On the flip side, CONGRATS, Final Five! The people have voted, and you will all be moving forward, but OH MY GOOMIE, you have ONE more assignment ahead of you, and it’s a doozie! 😉
Once again… here’s the prize, estimated at nearly $900 in value:
We cannot thank our amazingly generous sponsors enough for this unbelievable prize pack. Our Odd Idol grand prize winner is going to get some of THE happiest mail on the planet! (You have to feel sorry for their mailperson though!) To visit our awesome sponsors’ websites, links are in the sidebar!
But now it’s time to announce the FINAL theme for our competition. This is it, folks. The grand finale. The head honcho. The grand poobah, and the round that will determine who gets all that crazy swag. Let’s do it.
Final Five… Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is this:
Create a 3-piece coordinating set that includes at least one Some Odd Girl image on each.
You must create 3 DIFFERENT pieces, but they can be ANYTHING. There is a LOT of room for interpretation here, but some examples might be: card, tag/bookmark, box, bag, banner, frame, journal, Project Life page, cupcake topper, canvas, scrapbook page, wall hanging, clothing, tote, jewelry, etc… The world is your oyster here! Just remember your three projects must be different from each other but they must somehow go together. Choose any theme you’d like, use any images you’d like, submit only ONE photo that showcases the set, and HAVE FUN WITH IT! You will have until WEDNESDAY, June 19th at midnight EST to email your projects to Faye, and the voting begins on Friday, June 21st. Remember, if you have any questions, Faye is your go-to for all things Idol, and please don’t hesitate to ask if you need clarification! This is it, and we know you’re nervous and excited, but please also remember the rules:
1. You must use Some Odd Girl stamps as the MAIN FOCUS of your creations. If you use stamps from any other companies, they must have a minimal impact on your final project. Judges will use discretion when reviewing submissions (remember, the sooner you submit, the better, in case our judges ask you to make any changes).
3. Absolutely no watermarks will be allowed.
4. You will not post your projects anywhere in order that all submissions may be judged blindly. In other words, you cannot in any way indicate that the project is yours by way of sneak peeks, hints (anything on your blogs, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, galleries, etc.) or comments around the web. Please do not email a friend to tip them off; chances are that friend knows someone who knows someone who knows someone, and as the grand prize is very valuable, we ask that you kindly respect this rule. This truly is not a popularity contest.
5. As mentioned, this competition will be judged blindly. Invite people to vote, advertise the competition, but do not indicate which project belongs to you. Everyone can vote ONCE between June 21st and June 26th. Go to Some Odd World to place your vote – in order to access the Community, voters must be registered members.
6. You may post your projects anywhere you like ONLY after voting has closed for this round.
7. Make your entry count! Try something different, pay attention to detail, consider things that might set your project apart from the others, take great photos with neutral backgrounds. You have reached the final round! (Congratulations! You’ve earned it!) Only ONE PERSON will take home this ridiculously OSS prize.
8. Failure to comply with any of the items 1 through 7 will result in disqualification from Odd Idol, whether or not voting is shown in your favor.
So. On the count of three…. ONE…. TWO….. THREE! And they’re off!
P. S. – for those of you who are itching to get their ODD on, we only have 14 entries for our June Sketch Challenge so far, and we’re hoping to get to 50! We can’t do it without your help, so tell your friends about it! It’s a fabby little sketch, and there’s loads of inspiration and plenty of time left. Just CLICK HERE. Please? 🙂